In order to collect, elaborate and summarize all the ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) stimuli coming from the reference stakeholders, a multifunctional team has been created in charge of, but not limited to, the following:
- coordinating and monitoring the achievement of the ESG targets defined by the Group in the context of the sustainable development objectives (SDGs) pursued.
- proposing objectives and targets in relation to sustainability and climate change issues;
- coordinating the Group's subsidiaries in the preparation of information and data related to the reporting of the Consolidated Non-Financial Statement;
- leading the stakeholder engagement process and updating the materiality analysis in order to align reporting activity with the actual identified relevant issues;
- communicating social, environmental and governance performance transparently to stakeholders;
- being part of the process of managing the main risks and opportunities in terms of sustainability and climate change.
The ESG team will support the board of directors in the creation of goals, metrics and targets to be included in the long-term sustainability plan, in addition to monitoring the progress towards achieving such goals.
Furthermore, as set out in the 2024 sustainablity plan, the main guidelines of which were published at the end of 2021, over the coming years, CAREL will be committed to assessing its position with regard to the recommendations made by the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD), in order to further improve its sustainability profile and the quality and depth of its disclosures.